WORLD ENVIRONNMENT DAY
Simple Things You Can Do to Help Protect the Earth (and yourself!)
1. Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three "R's" to conserve natural resources and landfill space.
2. Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community.
3. Educate. When you further your own education, you can help others understand the importance and value of our natural resources.
4. Save water. The less water you use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in the ocean.
5. Shop wisely. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable or cloth shopping bag.
6. Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also flip the light switch off when you leave the room!
7. Use eco friendly products
8. Make homemade desserts. Much healthier too!
9. Use public transport or even better WALK whenever possible!!
10. Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
11. Don't send chemicals into our waterways. Choose non-toxic chemicals in the home and office.
12. Print as Little as Necessary
13. Use a Reusable Beverage Containers
14. Shop second hand
15. Buy local